It is the end of January! Not a full month on Paleo yet but almost. I am now down 15lbs and my husband is down 23lbs. Not sure how we will weight in on Monday but hoping for the best 🙂
Since starting Paleo I think we have only gone out to eat or gotten takeout maybe 3 or 4 times. This is because you never know how the place will cook your food, what ingredients they use and where they get their ingredients. I also don’t want to be that annoying customer asking a ton of questions and being picky about what I can and cannot it. It is just easier eating at home and I love cooking!
This weekend we will be going out to eat twice. Tonight to spend some time with my husband’s Grandfather and tomorrow night to celebrate my Grandparent’s 60th Wedding Anniversary.
Here is my strategy:
- Look at the online menu’s before I go and decide some options for what I can eat
- Don’t stress if not every little thing is Paleo (When my husband and I first went out to eat we ordered a side salad with our dinners. We didn’t think to ask for no cheese or croutons so we had to pick those off. We didn’t freak out though if we accidentally had a small piece of cheese).
- Try to order something with no sauce because you don’t know if the sauce has added sugars
- I won’t be shy about asking some questions. I have a right to know where my food comes from and what is in it!
- I will double the veggies for sides or get a salad. (Sure the veggies probably won’t be organic but I will survive)
- Say no to the chips and salsa! (We are going to a Mexican restaurant for my Grandparents anniversary so I am going to try to steer clear and sit away from the chips and salsa)
- I will not feel guilty for having a small piece of cake to celebrate my Grandparents Anniversary!
I still have not decided if I am going to have a NorCal Margarita. Really no alcohol is Paleo friendly because back then they didn’t have the tools to ferment or distill drinks but it is a special occasion and we have been really good so I might splurge.
If we can make it through this weekend then I think we will be able to conquer our next hurdle which is traveling to St. Augustine to celebrate my birthday and our 2 year wedding anniversary. We can do it!